Bergen, Norway with snow

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Visited Poland

Finally visited Poland
Old town of Warsaw, Poland
Once was totally destoryed

Poland is a country that I want to have a look for years. And the driving force behind is the Movie called "The Pianist". I considered Poland had a sad history, much the same as China, suffering from wars and unneccessary lost of human life.

I was deeply moved by the movie "The Pianist" which is about a Polish Jewish musician struggles to survive under the World War II, invasion of the SS. On one hand, I felt sad for the Jews and Polish people. On the other hand, I admired the spirt of the main character(Władysław Szpilman). He was so strong that he stayed a live while all his family members were killed. Imagine what it will be if only you being left on the World.
Main gate of Auschwitz I


'The Pianist' Chopin Ballade No.1
Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 23

My favourite part of the movie is when Szpilman is confronted by Hosenfeld. Szpilman played the piano piece:Chopin Ballade No.1. as asked. After a long long suffuring, Szpilman just had to hang on for a while because the war would soon end. Unfortunately, he was found by a German officer. The Chopin Ballade No.1. played totally reflected what the emotion was deep inside Szpilman heart, representing lots of sufferers.
High votage - I didn't touch them coz I was afriad.
Auschwitz I 
Block 11 and the execution wall in Auschwitz I
Interior of old barrack in Auschwitz-Birkenau

The Death Gate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lU8viRGYo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Lisenssi
NSE jonka tekijä on Kobe Wong on lisensoitu Creative Commons Nimeä-Epäkaupallinen-Tarttuva 3.0 Hong Kong lisenssillä.