Bergen, Norway with snow

Friday, November 12, 2010

Feel exceptional good with Fjord in Norway!

Lovely Bergen

Stayed in Bergen for 5 days from 3rd to 7th Nov 2010.  In fact, Bergen itself is not a big town to be visited for 5 days. However, one need to wait for a good day with rather good weather in order to enjoy the Fjord . In the town, one can visit Bryggen, wooden houses were built in 1702.
Bryggen in rain

Inside Bryggen


Bryggen in night time
 The gateway to Fjord

When it comes to Norway, Fjord is by no means an uncommon word. Fjord is simply a gorgeous creation by God. The second last day in Bergen, I decided to visit the renowned Fjord: The Sognefjord, which is the longest and the deepest.

I took the railway from Bergen to Myrdal and changed the Flåmsbana to Flåm( 2m of the sea level), one of the branches of the Sognefjord. The two hours journey from Bergen to Myrdal offered an incredible view and the train indeed climbed up to 866m.


Window view from the Bregen-Oslo railway

Myrdal train station
Flåmsbana, a 20.2 km route shows how powerful the mankind is, is a railway with 20 tunnels and is one of the steepest railway in the World. A ride from the mountain of 866 meters to the innermost corner of the Aurlandfjord(Flåm) which is only 2 meters of the sea level. In winter time, I still can enjoy the magnificent scenery, not to mention in summer time.

Flåmsbana
The Kjosfoss waterfall 1
The Kjosfoss waterfall 2 

The Flåm village with the Flåm church in the middle, dated back to 1667
The calm Fjord
The Flåm Harbour
 the Aurlandfjord
Kobe and  the Aurlandfjord
On the way to Aurland

My will was to climb up to the Prest(Aurland) which offers a view of 1363 meters over the beautiful Aurlandsfjorden.Even though I know I could not climb to the top, I still hope to go as high as I can. It was because I believe the highest you are, the more you can see.

Aurland
Looking at the Prest
Due to the time constrain and the weather, I abandoned to climb the mountain which surely offer me a breath-taking view. I didn't feel very upset as I know plan always changes and I know that the most valuable part is indeed not the result but the process. And at least I learnt that if I want to explore the Aurlandfjord from the top of the Prest, I have to spend a few more days. So, let's wait till next time!

Time to go!
The Kjosfoss waterfall in night time

For more detailed information, here are some useful links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Lisenssi
NSE jonka tekijä on Kobe Wong on lisensoitu Creative Commons Nimeä-Epäkaupallinen-Tarttuva 3.0 Hong Kong lisenssillä.