Bergen, Norway with snow

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Made it to the top of Preikestolen!


Sitting on the Pulpit Rock, 600 metres vertical cliff, Stavanger, Norway
I never thought of climbing up to Pulpit Rock, especially in winter time. However, everything like weather, time, my physical state and so on were just so good and well prepared by God. So, the only thing I had to do was to try my best and left the rest to God.

Sorry for the late updat(coz some problem with google adense made me sucked)
Along the way, I walked alone, followed the red "T" marked on the rocks. It seemed pretty easy. Yes, it was ture on the first half of the journey, but later on it was a bit different. Sometimes, "T" were covered by snow and the road up hill got more and more slippy.
Beautiful creation
Only way to the destination: Preikestolen!
There were times I doubted to continue alone. However, the steps left kept reminding me it was possible to continue even in this season. And most importantly, I promised myself I only will start to return on the time I set: 14:30. So, I tried to keep going, as far as possible.
Started to view the Fjord
It was really encouraging when I saw the direction signs. Perhaps it was becaues they gave me hope and reminded me I was on the right track. About more than 1 hour, I walked alone. Then I met two guys( from New York) at some point which I won't forget the conversation between us.

It was delighted and excited when I saw somebody who had the same goal to reach Preikestolen. I asked some basic quesions but never thought of receiving such kind of respones.

Dangerous spot 1
The two guys actually were giving up continue to Preikestolen. Because there was a section which is really risky. In fact, there were no parts that you can relax. " We are crazy person but it is not worth continuing coz it is a matter of life and death" I wasn't surprised by that kind of description. I tried to persuade them to go in another way and hope someone will continue the journey with me. However, they said they already tried but decided not to continue. They also remined me to be extremely careful coz I was alone.

Continued for 15 more mins, I encountered that dangerous spot. Um... It was really dangerous but I immediately asked myself " Is there any other way that looks more safe" And if I did followed that way, was it possible to go back on the same way. Finally, I sticked to my plan. Return only it was14:30. I choosed to climb a bit and avoided that track.
Another way
Closer look on the freezing pond

Life sometimes faces some unexpected discouragement. But am I going to give up because of them. No way! Coz I clearly know what I want to acheive and I know God is with me. So, it was no point to give up.

There were some sections that I couldn't risk to take photos coz I must have to concentrate. Focus, focus and focus... I kept telling myself throughout the second half of the path. I remembered there was a notice on the bridge later on the track. I didn't pay much attention coz I knew it was about some people missing at there.

It was really a very memoriable experience and most importantly, God is with me! He let me have a look on a beautiful picture.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, a nice photo^^
    Who is that guy sitting on the edge of the cliff? (right side of the photo)
    Is that you, Kobe?
    Really like the photos you uploaded in this website.

    Btw,I've received your postcard=]
    Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoy your life there~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, if it is summer time, one should try to sit on the edge with two legs hanging in the air. But this time I don't want to be too risky=>

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cliff! Is it a little bit dangerous to sit there?
    a nice photo btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty nice blog and those amazing photos!!!! I also habe a blog in blogspot , teach me to make it more pretty la haha yoy really have a nice trip ,enjoy the world. From kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and an awesome example of a strong blog.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons Lisenssi
NSE jonka tekijä on Kobe Wong on lisensoitu Creative Commons Nimeä-Epäkaupallinen-Tarttuva 3.0 Hong Kong lisenssillä.